Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Taking a Break

I decided to withdraw from my bees with a lot of mixed emotions. I was getting farther and farther behind and because I wasn't quilting I wasn't seeing any of my own ideas get done either. Fabric kept arriving in the mail and got added to the piles on the bookcase but nothing was getting done. Now I'm slowly getting started again. I've cut out a lot of block of animals prints that will probably just be a block quilt. I've cut out smaller blocks of different fabrics to make a nineblock quilt and I've used one of my favorite Heather Ross fabrics that will be combined with a solid so at least I'm starting. I'm happy with that for now. My life has been hectic with my daughter home from college for a month and then off to New York City for a 10 week summer internship. When she leaves there's a baby quilt all cut up for a friend and my daughter's quilt that was supposed to be done for freshman year that I want to be done for graduation! On the days when I feel awful I just take a break and say I hope it will be a better day tomorrow. It is a glorious summer like week in Rochester in May so something has to be pleasing whoever is in charge!

1 comment:

  1. Saying prayers for you, after 2 spinal surgeries I feel your pain! Take it one day at a time and don't be afraid to stay down when you have to!

    ReplyDelete