Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's About Time

For the past two evenings I cut out small blocks for what will be my next quilt, I think. Meanwhile I have to finish my two blocks for the Fussy Cut Bee and my two minis for the Doll Quilt Swap and my first one for the NKOB (New Kids on the Block). I kept looking at my stash and at all these pattern books and just wanted to get going on something else. Getting these blocks done for the bee is so hard, I'm not sure why. I think I'm so anxious to get my hands on some of the bookcase full of fabric that I have. I picked out a book to write down my ideas for quilts and what fabrics I'm thinking of using. That way it seems real to my as if this is going to happen next, and then this one. I'm just that kind of person that feels more comfortable knowing what's happening in the future but then I'm just as likely to change my mind so I think it's just having a plan and of course I've bought more fabric in the meantime and you know how you just want to get your hands on the fabric when it comes in the mail so maybe it's just that phenomenon. Anyway, I cut up almost enough squares to make a baby quilt so maybe I actually will work on that next although I had promised myself to work on a quilt I started for my daughter when she left for college and next year she'll be a senior so now I promised myself it will be for her first apartment after she graduates. It's all Kaffe Fassett fabric so it's very bright but I do like the design a lot. I'll take a pictures of the squares I've got done and post them along with this post tomorrow and I'll take a picture of all the little squares I cut out too. Do you think when you're 80 your houses will be filled with all these quilts you've made and you've bought or swapped filling every closet and spare dresser, etc., I hope by then I will have given them all away except for the very special ones that I will want my children and grand-children to have. How'd I get onto this topic? The weekend is almost over and it's back to work tomorrow and I didn't get as much quilting time in as I had wanted to and I'd like just one more day. The day will come later in the week and I can be patient until then and keep looking at the cut out blocks and think about how I want to arrange them. There's always ways to change things and occupy yourself with different ideas. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment