Monday, March 15, 2010

The First Block is Almost Finished

After the few days of frustration last week when my machine wouldn't work and being unable to find the notes about the Fussy Cut Block I finally started sewing it and it will be finished tomorrow! Of course I did all the stupid stuff you do at the beginning like sewing the wrong sides together, measuring and cutting wrong and it is QUITE lopsided but by tomorrow afternoon it will be finished and the pieces are all cut out for the Doll Quilt Swap so I get to start on that tomorrow. It' also my birthday (but I don't talk about that anymore, I don't like the numbers,but I took the day off from work) I'm getting closer to actually starting on a real, normal sized quilt! Now the biggest problem is, what quilt to make and what fabric to use.

I've never had stashes of fabric before. This is great and frustrating. What do I pick? An email informed me that Kaffe Fassett's new book has been shipped. Many aren't nearly as hard as they look, so it could be something totally brand new!

No comments:

Post a Comment