Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ready?

Just as I accepted my fate of a non-working sewing machine I asked my husband (who knows nothing about sewing machines and is not very mechanical) to take a look at it and try to help me figure it out. I don't know what I was thinking, that because he was a man the y chromosome gave him some extra power over all appliances. He just stared at it so several hours later I decided to just start from the beinning and I got new thread, a new bobbin and redid everything again and turned it off and went to bed. The next morning I got up, turned it on and found some scrap fabric and ... it purred beautifully. The sewing machine guardian angel had helped me during the night so tomorrow I start sewing. It's my birthday on Monday (we don't talk about the number anymore) and at the last minute (very last minute) my TWIN sister decided she would come "up" which is what people from down state say, to Rochester so we could celebrate together but this means it will cut into my sewing time. I couldn't say no but hopefully I can get sometime in before she arrives tomorrow (it's 12:06 AM) so I guess I should say today and leaves on Monday. I have a really hectic week scheduled so not much time for sewing so it'll have to wait until the end of the week when my youngest daughter comes home for four days. I haven't seen her much in the past year so I can't wait to see her but you can see where this is going so if my blocks are late for the Fussy Cut Block Group and my Doll Quilt is a few weeks behind you'll know why but tomorrow I'll take some pictures (only a small portion of the actual fabrics will be showing) so you know they're cut out and ready to be sewn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment