Friday, March 5, 2010

A Really Terrible Day


Lsst week I had a really terrible day and I was really upset and didn't know what to do with myself and my back was hurting a lot (I've been rear ended twice in two years and have a lot of ongoing back problems because of these accidents, which included surgery for two herniated discs) so I took my pain medicine and took a nap. Winston was so worried about me he just kept circling around me and kissing me and looked so distraught(as dogs can) and ended up curling up next to me on my bed (which he usually doesn't like to do) and slept with me until I woke up. He is the best dog and I am so lucky to have a dog that takes care of me when I'm feeling down or sick. He got a lot of kisses and a few treat for that. Trying to be mindful!

1 comment:

  1. I used to have a dog like that. His name was Buddy. We saved each other. I was depressed and he was living with someone who didn't treat him well - he was scared of everything. When we found each other it was magic. He gave me companionship and loved me unconditionally (something I had no idea how much I needed) and I did the same back for him. He's gone now but what he did for me remains. Dogs are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete